The appointment system operates both for your convenience and to aid the doctor. Each appointment lasts for ten minutes and should be for one patient and one problem only.Double appointments are given for use of interpreters, post-natal checks or in specific cases.
Same day walk-in appointments:
- For urgent and non-urgent problems.
- Please come to the surgery between 8:30 am and 10 am and put your name on the list at the reception.
- There may be a wait depending on how many patients attend.
- You will be seen as soon as possible but unfortunately cannot chose which doctor you see.
- Please be aware that the number of patients seen on each of the days will be dependent on clinicians consulting on that day. We will endeavour to prioritise those patients who are in most need.
- You can book up to four weeks in advance.
- You can request the doctor of your choice if appointments are available.
Booking an appointment online:
The Practice as from March 2014 has an online appointments system that patients can use.
- You firstly need to register by presenting yourself at the surgery to fill in a form. You will be asked to provide a proof of identification (passport, driving licence etc). You will then be given a sheet with a unique reference number that you can use from home to access your medical records
- You can book appointments to see either a GP or Nurse and view parts of your medical records including medications.
- You can also use the website to cancel an appointment.
Access the online system via the link at the top of this page.
Please note this service is currently not available for under 16's due to safeguarding issues.
Text Messaging for Appointment Reminders and Health Information
St Peters Street Medical Practice will now be sending out text messages to registered patients to remind you of appointments that you have booked at the Practice.
The reason we are doing this new service is to help to cut down on the big rate of DNA’s (Did Not Attend) at the practice. By sending a text message to registered patients it will serve as a reminder of an appointment or give the opportunity for the patient to call the surgery to cancel or rearrange.
The Practice will also be using this service as reminders to patients who are in At Risk Groups such as Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and Coronary heart disease to remind them that they are due a review and to call the surgery to book an appointment.
You can cancel your appointment via text messaging by entering the word 'cancel' and this will automatically update the computer. No other text message responses are logged, so please be aware that you can not change an appointment via this method.
Patients may opt out of this service at any time by contacting the practice and the practice will not send you any reminders.